Full Conference Schedule Coming Soon
SEPTEMBER 27 SPECIAL EVENT WITH NAMPACHI HAYASHI
Toyota Production Systems (TPS) - The Roots of Lean
with Toyota's Nampachi Hayashi
Thursday, September 27, 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM
The Essence of the Toyota Production System. In this exclusive 1-hour workshop, Mr. Hayashi will shed light on the origins of Lean and the misunderstandings of the Toyota Production System (TPS). He will also discuss the Theory of Constraints (TOC) and its creator, Dr. Eliyahu Goldratt. No matter what industry you are in, whether you are considering or already using TOC, TPS, or Lean, you don’t want to miss the insights you will gain directly from this renowned master of ongoing improvement!
Think on your own, don’t ask easily, don’t answer easily
SEPTEMBER 26 PRE-CONFERENCE EVENTS
A full-day, pre-conference workshop with Rami Goldratt
Wednesday, September 26, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
So much effort, so little improvement. We are inundated with initiatives. And as nearly all of us have experienced, most of these initiatives will deliver far short of their plan. Too many are trying to solve the wrong problem. Some aim at the right problem, but the solution falls short. Others might have the right problem and a great solution, but fail miserably in execution.
In this full-day workshop, Rami Goldratt provides insights into the TOC tools, roadmap and mindset that guide people through finding and solving the “invisible constraints” – the problems that, when solved, will make an uncontestable improvement for the organization and its stakeholders.
Rami will explain the process and the mindset, share examples from a variety of industries and organization types, and guide you through:
- Creating a draft of the vicious cycle that is at the root of your organization’s persistent, wicked problems
- Articulating the core conflict that perpetuates the vicious cycle – this is the ONE THING that demands a solution in order to reverse the vicious cycle
- Generating ideas on how to solve the conflict – without compromising long term for short term, or one local need for another
Get Your Focus On!
A half-day, pre-conference workshop with Lisa Scheinkopf
Wednesday, September 26, 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
This half-day workshop caters to anyone new to the Theory of Constraints (TOC) and delves into the power of focus. More specifically, how to utilize TOC to sharpen your focus on those few critical constraints that have the greatest impact on your organization’s ability to truly improve performance and deliver more value. You will leave the workshop equipped with:
- An understanding of your organization’s contraint
- Insights on how much of your organization’s constraint is currently being wasted
- Ideas on what to do in order to eliminate a significant amount of that waste and break through the barrier to achieve more value and bottom line performance
- A template to use throughout the conference and beyond to help you determine what to do, and what not to do, to keep your focus on what matters